Will you take the New Year’s Challenge? We have been extremely blessed this year and I want to wish you all a Happy New Year and a wonderful start to 2013. We are traveling in Asia for the next few weeks and hopefully getting in some great dives.
During 2013 there will be many opportunities for each of us to make a difference in the lives of people around us. Take time to consider what you have to offer and how you can impact different people in your life each and every day.
I have a vision where we can all work together to restore, preserve and protect our coral reefs. Take the New Year’s Challenge. In 2013 I will be focusing on coral reef systems and how individuals, companies and nations can:
- Better understand the state of reef systems around the world
- Evaluate impacts of over fishing and pollution and coastal development
- Identify the reef systems that are in the highest state of danger over the next 5 to 10 years
- Review and assess methods being used today to help protect and/or restore and preserve those reef systems
- Create a set of tools to help educate students, parents and governments about our coral reefs and the importance of managing this incredible resource for future generations
- Partner with local communities to establish one or two long-term projects that will focus on restoring and preserving a specific coral reef systems
New Year’s Challenge
Share What You Will Do in 2013 to Positively Impact Those Around You. Take the New Year’s Challenge. If you hear of interesting reef projects or have ideas on reef preservation and restoration please share them and let’s work together to help care for and nurture our reefs.
What reef system concerns you the most?
What are the biggest issues impacting this reef system?
What are you doing to help bring awareness to others about the problems and issues on this reef system?
How could others help directly or indirectly with this reef system?
What is the near and longer term outlook for this reef system?
Remember we are all responsible for the care of our oceans, take the challenge…..the pool is open.
Happy New Year